IAS - Prelims
UPSC Prelims Exam Syllabus 2016
Paper I - (200 marks) Duration: Two hours
- Current events of national and international importance
- History of India and Indian National Movement
- Indian and World Geography - Physical, Social, Economic geography of India and the World.
- Indian Polity and Governance – Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc
- Economic and Social Development – Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector Initiatives, etc.
- General issues on Environmental ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change - that do not require subject specialization General Science.
Paper II- (200 marks) Duration: Two hours (33% or 66 Marks Compulsory)
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability
- Decision making and problem solving
- General mental ability
- Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude etc.)(Class X level)
- Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc.)(Class X level)
- English Language Comprehension skills (Class X level)